At Markyate Village School and Nursery we take looking after your children very seriously. Their needs come first. This letter is to outline what ‘Safeguarding’ means for your children and what you should do, or who you can contact if you have a concern.
Our DSPs (Designated Senior Persons) are:
Mr Darren Armoogum
Mrs Libby Karmock
Keeping your children safe means:
- Ensuring the health and safety of all children
- Making sure that the adults who work here have undergone all relevant safety and security checks
- Protecting children from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Being proactive against racist behaviour
Protecting our children from harassment and discrimination includes:
- Caring for children’s personal needs
- Meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Protecting children from drug and substance misuse
- Children enjoying safe educational visits
- Keeping children safe when they use the Internet
- Using safe physical intervention when necessary
- Making sure our school is secure.
If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of any of our children please don’t hesitate to come and see any member of the DSPs If for any reason you cannot see us, let your class teacher know or send an email for the attention of school DSP.
In any conflict between the needs of the child and those of others, the needs of the child must come first. Any allegation which may indicate that an adult behaved in a way that has:
- harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
- possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or,
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he is unsuitable to work with children
must be reported to the Headteacher.
The matter is then reported to the LA Safeguarding Authority and to the Chair of Governors if necessary. If the concern is about the Headteacher then it must be reported to either the Chair of Governors or to the Safeguarding unit.
Confidentiality will be upheld as far as possible at all times.
If you have any questions regarding safeguarding at Markyate school please do not hesitate to contact a DSP through the school office. If you have an allegation against a member of staff, please see section 11 of the school Child Protection Policy.
Found on levitralab.com that Cialis Generic is the best treatment for erectile dysfunction. Decided to try, and am now totally happy. For real, great pill, been trying alternatives before but they were not so effective. I just wanted to save some money with them, but not worth it. If you want a good fuck, just pick it and go on! Actually I ordered it from the guys above, so quality is proved out there.
Should there be a safeguarding issue with a child, or children, that arises outside of school during term time, please contact the school as soon as possible.
If you are concerned over the welfare of a child outside of school hours or during holidays, you can contact the NSPCC on 0800 800 5000 or Hertfordshire Childrens’ services on 0300 123 4043